The Objectives of the Norwood Residents Association
- To organise an effective association to represent and act on behalf of residents of Norwood to improve the living conditions, community and amenity of Norwood.
- To organise and make representation to the local Council, State Government and any other relevant bodies concerning the issues that affect the conditions, amenity and community of Norwood.
- To publicly promote the Association as the constituted organisation representing the interests of Norwood Residents.
- To organise and conduct social and other events and activities for the residents of Norwood and any other interested people.
- To manage the affairs of the Association through a duly constituted Management Committee in a responsible and efficient way including establishing appropriate control and accounts for all finances and any goods purchased and/or maintained by the Association.
- To abstain from partisan endorsement of any candidate during Council, State or Federal elections.
- To encourage Councillors and other elected representatives, and election candidates to discuss their views at information forums or general meetings convened by the Association for the benefit of residents.
- To do all such other things as may be incidental to achieving the objects set out above.
from the Constitution