From DPTI following community submissions:
“After close consideration of patronage, operational and road safety data, as well as feedback from the community, the following changes will be implemented along The Parade:
- Removal of stop 13 on the southern side
- Renumber of stop 14 to stop 13 on the southern side
- Removal of stop 14 on the northern side
- Removal of stop 15A from both sides
- Removal of stop 16B from both sides
- Removal of stop 17A from both sides
- Relocation of stop 17B northern side, 140 metres west for travel away from the city
Due to community feedback regarding the value of bus stop 7, the team have decided to keep bus stop 7 operational in its current location.”
and for Magill Rd:
“After close consideration of patronage, operational and road safety data, as well as feedback received from the community, the following changes will be implemented along Magill Road:
- Removal of stop 7 on the northern side
- Removal of stop 8 on the southern side
Due to community feedback:
- Stop 4 and 5 will no longer be combined
- Stop 7 on the southern side will remain in its current location
- Stop 8 on the southern side will be removed rather than relocated
- Stop 10 will remain in its current location
- Stop 14 will remain in its current location”
See the attached maps which detail the upcoming changes. These changes will be active as of Monday 6 April 2020.
For further information about this project please visit the DPTI website: DPTI
Dear Norwood Resident,
Regrettably the COVID-19 health crisis has put many of our Association’s planned activities on hold, until such time as public gatherings are deemed safe for our cohort of older members.
Deferred initiatives include:
- the Community Rally on the steps of Parliament (March 22)
- a public meeting on street/verge management (April 15)
- an informal social gathering for members (early/mid June)
Importantly though, timely responses have still been drafted and submitted in relation to THREE major proposals which will directly affect our community (all are available on our NRA website):
Despite the fact that ‘official’ deadlines for each have now passed, we urge you to continue lobbying MPs about your concerns regarding these matters, because more emails/letters clearly give us a louder voice and greater power.
With all that has happened in recent months, people are facing a difficult time. We trust that able members of our Norwood community will find ways to care for those in need and will in turn benefit from the support of others.
Chris Francis (President)
Tom Smith (Secretary)
You can read it here…
NRA Helipad Submission – March 12, 2020
And a reminder of the community rally on March 22nd protesting the planning reforms – see the previous post for all the details.
STOP PRESS – THIS IS NOW CANCELLED DUE TO THE BAN ON LARGE GATHERINGS.
Also, in addition to another posting re the Portrush/Magill Roads revamp, there will be a demonstration outside Steven Marshall’s Office next Friday (March 20) at 4pm.